Project gBot

Let the world know about your projects.

Project gBot

Postby ndee » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:44 am

Hi all,
here is a very basic project I started to get used to godot.
Working title is project gBot :)

There for I have painted a small bot that has some similarity to the godot logo :D
I animated him in godot and added some basic movements. I hope you like the progress so far!

I have to say, that I really love the engine so far! Provides some great functionality!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S13FrWuBMx4
ndee

Re: Project gBot

Postby adolson » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 am

I watched your video earlier today when searching YouTube to see what came up for Godot Engine. :D Very cool character, man!
adolson

Postby reduz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:18 pm

This looks great! I hope to be able to implement more animation tools soon, I'm thinking of a way to do bones that shouldn't take much. Once there is bones, adding IK should be really easy.
reduz
Site Admin

Postby ndee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:40 pm

@adolson
hehe.. thanks. My first character that I animated with such a cutout animation technic. and I have to say that it works better then I expected :D

@reduz
thanks alot!
I am looking forward to the bone armature system! IK would be really great to have! Especially when animating characters that stay on a floor! This woule help alot.

Thank you very much for your effort! It is really great that you hear to what people say and try to implement all the features!
Last edited by ndee on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndee

Postby zendorf » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:53 am

Looks like a really promising start ndee, with a very cool character design. I have admired your "Charlies Big Adventure" for a while now, and was always amazed at what you could do with the BGE. Will be very interested to see what you can achieve with a pro level engine like Godot. Any plans to port your CBA game to Godot eventually?

Would be great if you could explain your gBot character setup and scripts in Godot in a future youtube vid.

And reduz, bones/Ik would be amazing :twisted: IK pinning would be a great feature to have down the track as well, after the IK gets done.
zendorf

Postby loveGodot » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:54 am

Looking good, ndee!

Good to see you here in Godot. What a fast learner you're!

Hope that you will be making some tutorials soon. ;)
loveGodot

Postby shackra » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 am

Oops, I think I placed my Camera2D node wrong, as parent instead of a child of the player sprite, glad to see your nodes setting :P
shackra

Postby darkhog » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 am

reduz wrote:This looks great! I hope to be able to implement more animation tools soon, I'm thinking of a way to do bones that shouldn't take much. Once there is bones, adding IK should be really easy.

Actually it would be easy now as well. Just use node parent structure as "bones".
darkhog

Postby axfcampos » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:24 am

This looks really good!
axfcampos

Postby shackra » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 am

darkhog wrote:
reduz wrote:This looks great! I hope to be able to implement more animation tools soon, I'm thinking of a way to do bones that shouldn't take much. Once there is bones, adding IK should be really easy.

Actually it would be easy now as well. Just use node parent structure as "bones".

Err... in such case you would have to manage every aspect of the animation by hand, while with an bone structure you can set constrain and joints, making bones reacting each other automatically, etc.
shackra

Return to Projects